What we collect
You provide information by contacting us or donating to us via our Website, via email, by phone, by joining one of our membership groups (i.e. Facebook Group), or by attending one of our events. Depending on how you provide your information, we will collect some or all of the following information when you contact us or attend one of our events:
- your name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- where you attend one of our events, your address and proof of address;
- reason for becoming a member;
- if you are a parent, caregiver or guardian, we will collect details about your child such as your child’s name, age and gender), where relevant and necessary for the provision of our services;
- contact details;
- username; and
- a brief summary of how we can best serve you.
We will also process sensitive personal data (such as data concerning your gender identification) about you in the course of our legitimate activities.
When you donate electronically, in-person or online, via a third-party app or Website, they will send us the following information about you where we request it:
- your name;
- email address
- telephone number; and
What we do with the information we gather
As it is in our legitimate interests to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, we use your personal data:
- for security purposes (so that we can: verify your identity, safeguard our membership groups; keep our events safe and secure);
- to provide the services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve and tailor our services;
- to arrange events;
- to determine which sponsorship of donors; and
- where you consent, to send you promotional emails about new projects, or request feedback, or provide other information which we think you will find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. Under limited circumstances, where required by law, we may release the information you provided to us.
We will also share your personal data in emergencies, where we will share your personal data with the emergency services, to the extent necessary to protect your vital interests.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. Below, we have described how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please submit a request to the following email address: info@TupacShakurFoundation.org.
Please note that for each of the rights below we will, in some instances, have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and whom we share it with.
- Portability: You have the right to receive a subset of the personal data you provide us if we process it on the bases of our contact with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal data to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal data to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal data or its processing once received by the third party.
- Correction: You have the right to require us to correct any personal data held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we hold about you under the following circumstance:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data;
- we are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
- Sale: You have the right to know if the information that you have provided to us is being sold. You also have the right to know to whom the information is being sold. We do not sell or lease personal information. However, the law requires you with the following link: Do Not Sell Personal Information.
- Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of any marketing and correspondence activities performed by TASF. From time to time, we may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from TASF or click on a link therein.If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from us, you may opt out of such communications by clicking the “UNSUBSCRIBE” button or emailing us at info@TupacShakurFoundation.org. Please include the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line and provide us with the email address you wish to have unsubscribed.
- Opt-In (for minors): Between 13 and 16 years of age, the consumer must affirmatively authorize the sale of their personal information. If the minor is under the age of 13 years old, a parent or guardian must affirmatively authorize the sale of information.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing the following address: info@TupacShakurFoundation.org.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of eighteen, you must Opt-In to the collection for information.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at info@TupacShakurFoundation.org and we will endeavor to deal with your request. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the Information California Department of Consumer Affairs or the data protection supervisory authority in your respective states
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. In some circumstances, this will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website will, in some circumstances, contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to info@TupacShakurFoundation.org or 3001 Bridgeway Blvd, Suite K-147, Sausalito CA, 94965.
(Effective as of June 2021)